Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Amazing Sight

Today is a somber one for Arlington Police Department as they buried one of their own who died last week on his motorcycle while doing a traffic stop. I was planning on attending the funeral with Jason, but due to the school holiday, Jackson and Brayden were home from MDO. I couldn't find anyone that was available to watch the boys, so we decided to head to Colleyville to spend the morning with our friends, Laura, Alexander, and Grant. My drive up 360 was uneventful on the way there, just noticed the traffic heading southbound from the construction. As we were headed home going south on 360, traffic started to slow down right around I-30 near 6 flags. Jackson was in awe of the roller coasters and as we cleared the bridge I saw the most amazing thing I've seen in a while. A vision of police cars lined up single file with their lightbars on as far as the eye could see. I was overwhelmed with emotion at the sight of such camaraderie. Of course as we all sat patiently in traffic, I think we were in awe of what was taking place on the other side of the median barriers. I don't know if everyone knew what it was, but it hit home for me. I was probably a bit emotional anyway, since yesterday would have been Patrick's 5 month birthday, but knowing that Craig's wife in now a widow, his 2 yr old John, is without a father, and their unborn child will never know how brave his dad was sent me balling down the road. Not safe, I know, but I couldn't help it. I just balled for them, for APD, for all the children without parents, for widows, and for thanking God that my Jason is still here with me and the boys. Please keep the Story family and APD in your prayers as they heal from this terrible loss.

3 comments:

  1. When that tragedy occurred last week, I immediately thought of you, Lisa, knowing that your hubby works for APD. I will certainly keep the Story family in my prayers and yours, too, that God will keep a hedge of protective angels around Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you and Jason today. I saw some of the footage today from the procession and just cried. I feel for them so much....I saw Angie tonight at a school meeting...dressed in her uniform...she shared a few stories of Officer Story with me...so sad for all of APD. I think of you and your sweet family often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Angie tonight too. I was working in the nursery. It was such a sad day. I felt like crying on and off all afternoon. I hope his family has some peace tonight. I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete