Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

I hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas.  Here in Texas we started the night with rain, thunder, lightening, some hail and eventually TX sized snowflakes. I took Jack & Bray to our front yard this afternoon for a little sledding down the slope.  It was a blast.  My parents had given me the sled since we tend to see snow more frequently than they do in Houston.  It was from my childhood when we lived in California and would go to the mountains for sledding.

We have had an awesome advent season and now heading into the official Christmas season.  I tend to get lost sometimes as to the actual season of Christmas since some stores tend to put out Christmas decor in July (cough... Hobby Lobby).  We started a tradition about 3 years ago where we buy the boys only 3 gifts like Jesus received 3 gifts of gold, frankincense, & myrrh.  Wow has it made a difference with holiday shopping and chaos.  Then Jason & I fill their stockings plus they receive presents from their grandparents.  They are not deprived and it keeps the meaning of Christmas more relevant.  Last night we baked Jesus a birthday cake and sang happy birthday this afternoon.

One thought I wanted to pass along is something I started several years ago.  I always LOVE receiving Christmas cards, especially the ones with pictures, but had the hardest time parting with them.  So
I decided to make a collage picture that is framed with all the pictures cut out from the cards.  It's on my family wall since you know that I consider my friends to be my family too.  I can show the pictures to my kids when we are talking about someone, but this year I'm going to make it more kid friendly and make it our prayer board.  This will be a way of praying for all of you (regardless if I have a picture or not) and sharing your sweet smiles too.  Just thought I'd pass this along in case you are like me when it comes to pictures.

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Blessings,


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment