Friday, May 29, 2009

A week filled with doctors appointments

Well lots has been going on in our household since I've posted last.  Sorry it's taken me so long.  I've been sick with some sort of cold/sinus infection since Saturday.  Thankfully Jason was off early in the afternoons and Tues & Wed.  I have just finished my antibiotics today and am starting to feel a little better.  Brayden is also on medicine and this morning Jackson started coughing like me.  I guess he'll be next to take to the doctor.  

Jason's been busy working at the Rangers this week.  The timing wasn't so great with me being sick, but we've managed.  On Tuesday, he took Jackson to see his cardiologist at Children's Hospital.  It's been 18 months since we've had to go.  Dr. Fixler said that he could hear a slight murmur still, but that his EKG was normal and that Jackson is not on any restrictions.  We also don't have to go back for 2 years at which they'll do an echocardiogram to look at the valve that he had heart surgery for when he was 7 weeks old.  Good news!

On Wednesday, I went back to the doctor.  I had a sonogram and the baby is still growing and his little heart is beating away.  I'm going to scan in some pics of him so you'll get a chance to see his profile.  Again, looks just like Jason, Jackson, & Brayden's.  He's so cute.  He moved to the other side of my belly and is in what I call, a perfect pike position.  Future diver I would guess.  His face is looking at his knees and his toes are by his head.  She said this is normal and many babies do this. Maybe she was just being nice, but it made me feel better.

I promise to work on getting my pictures figured out.  It's really been great to hear from many of you.  Thanks for your prayers, and keep them going.  I believe in miracles!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well Lisa. Hope it passes quickly. Are you going to post sonogram pics, would love to see the little man!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are on the mend with your cold. Being pregnant with a cold is not fun! A diver, huh....that is cute!! Thanks for the stories, I love to hear about them. Oh and "bless your heart" is a cute southern saying that means just about anything and everything. If you figure our the meaning, let me know!

    ReplyDelete