Wednesday, June 17, 2009

25 1/2 weeks and counting...

I went for my regularly scheduled ob appt today. It's been 3 weeks since I've been able to see my little one. I've been feeling him moving a lot more often during the day, so I know that he's still hanging in there. His heartrate today was 160, perfectly normal, and he's still in his pike position. Today, I was able to see him grabbing his foot with his hand. It was cute. I also asked them for a cd with some video so I would have that. All in all, it was a good appointment, although still no changes. I told Dr. Seligman that I have a feeling that I'm going to go all the way, and he thought so too. He's so supportive of all my decisions and I could not ask for a better doctor to have. I wish everyone had a doctor like him.

Summer school is in full swing and the kids are doing well. They are hanging in there with me as we drill through 9 months of math in 3 weeks. It's really shown me how much I love teaching, especially this age group. Most would think it's crazy to want to teach middle schoolers, but I love it. It's been a nice break from the daily grind of playing referee at home, changing diapers, and short-order cook. I miss the boys and they miss me, but it's only short-term which is doable.

Jason's parents came in town to visit for the day. I'm sure Jason appreciated the extra set of hands and I know Jackson and Brayden loved seeing Mema & Pa. I was only able to visit for an hour after school before they headed back, but it was nice to visit for just a bit anyway. My parents just went back to Houston on Sunday after spending the weekend with us, so the boys have been spoiled by both sets of grandparents in 1 week. I'm sure I'll be hearing Jackson asking for all of them for another week or so.

Off to go lay down since both boys are napping and I can enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lisa-
    It's Eastlyn, Mrs. Tina's "aide" at Advent Christian Preschool. I enjoy reading your blog so much that I created one of my own. I was wondering if you could tell me how to "customize" my blog. I like the fancy buttons & ribbon that make yours look like a scrapbook page. My e-mail address is: passionfish30@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete