Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Crazy Week

Well, another bit of craziness in the Banks' household. It seems that it's never a dull moment around here. As you know I was sick for the last 2 weeks. I am so glad to be feeling almost back to 100% normal. Last week my mom came up to help with the kids while I was sick and we got a lot of things put away that were just shoved in closets from moving almost 9 months ago. I can't believe it's almost been a year since we moved. On Friday, my sister-in-law, Susanne and my neice and nephew, Rylee and Joshua stopped by, brought us lunch and played with Jackson. Unfortunately, Brayden slept the whole time they were here and woke up about 15 min after they left. It had been a while since Jackson had seen them and he loved every minute they were here. I think they liked playing with him too. Then on Monday night, I got a call to teach summer school in Arlington starting on Wednesday. Needless to say, I ran around on Tuesday trying to get everything ready for me to start working on Wednesday. I'm teaching 8th grade math which I wasn't sure about at first, but the kids are actually good and working for me which is all I can ask for now. It's definitely put into perspective the idea of going back to work full-time which I was considering for the new school year.

Jackson also started swim lessons on Monday which shortly ended on Tuesday once I was not able to take him anymore since I leave for school at 7:15 and don't get home until 1:30 or so. I may have to see what's available in July. He'll be starting a MDO program for the summer so that should give him plenty to do as well. Brayden has become the ultimate climber. Last night I found him sitting on my laptop on my desk. I had turned my back for less than one minute and he was up. I didn't even know he could do that. Now, he can climb to the top of the swingset, which we boarded shut one side to keep him from falling out, he climbs up the slide, on top of the kitchen table, up our retaining wall in the backyard. He's so strong. I told Jason he'll be in the "world's strongest man" competition when he's older. He's got a grip like none I've seen before and he just turned 14 months old yesterday. Jackson was still crawling at this age.

I'm going to try and keep my blog updated more frequently now that I feel better. With school going on for the next 2 1/2 weeks, I'll probably get behind again. I'm doing pretty good. The baby is still growing since my clothes are getting tight. I can feel him moving a lot more and am hoping that next week there will be some miraculous appearance of amniotic fluid. I will definitely be keeping everyone informed of any changes and thanks again for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment