Monday, September 7, 2009

The Monday's

It seems like Monday's are a regular blogging day for me. I really intend on doing more posts, but just don't have the time. Actually, if I could peel myself away from Facebook, I'd probably get more blogging done.

We had a great week last week, with the boys starting Mother's Day Out at our new school. Jackson is going 3 days a week and Brayden, 2 days a week. I was really nervous on Monday since B usually naps around 1o and they weren't going to be napping until 12. Well, after his first day, one of the directors tells me that she held him most of the day. At first I thought he was just falling apart from not napping like he does at home, but it really was that she just adopted him and loved on him all day. I can't blame her since he does have the cutest little face and those big blue eyes with the Bambie eyelashes. He's already got the ladies wrapped around his little finger. It made me happy to know that someone else was loving on my baby. I think with not having Patrick home, I needed that security. God really knew what I needed, and that was it. Dropping him off on Thursday was much easier knowing he was well loved. Jackson did great at school. This is his second year and he's not missing a beat. He seems to really love his new school and teacher. He is napping great, talking about school, and the drop offs and pickups are much easier too.

It's nice having 2 days a week for myself and I am hoping to get my sewing business up and running a little more. I am also going to look into tutoring for the district part time to give me something to do. For now, I'm going to try and ease into things and enjoy some much needed down time. It'll be great for Jason and I since he is off on Tuesdays and we have a day to ourselves. I know we are both looking forward to making this our "date" days.

I hope all of you who actually read my blogs have been able to see the video that Carleen put together of my maternity pics and of Patrick at the hospital. I can't believe how awesome it is and I treasure it. I probably watch it at least once a day. I just can't get enough. If I can figure out how to put it on my blog, I'll add a link, otherwise, email me at banksintexas@yahoo.com and I will be glad to share it with you. I try to keep him alive in my heart and talk about him. I just don't want to pretend that he doesn't exist. It's a weird line to walk, but I am doing my best. I am now going to be taking all the gifts I received and make a shadow box with all of my momentos for Patrick. Other than that, we are getting back into our normal routine at home and am feeling better everyday!


3 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job...and the slideshow is beautiful...I know that is such a treasure for you and Jason. AND...I can't get off of facebook either...I think I'm an addict...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id love to see the sweet video! Still praying for you! whitney whitterrell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see the video too Lisa. Zimmermanamy@sbcglobal.net

    Amy

    ReplyDelete