Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some poems

~I'll Be There~

Daddy please don't look so sad, Momma please don't cry,
Cause I am in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies.
Please try not to question God, Don't think He is unkind,
Don't think He sent me to you, And then He changed His mind.
You see, I am a special child, And I'm needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave Him, The product of your love.
I'll always be there with you, And watch the sky at night
Find the brightest star that's gleaming
That's my halo's brilliant light
You'll see me in the morning frost, That mists your window pane,
That's me, in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a gentle breeze, From a gentle wind that blows
That's me, I'll be there, Planting a kiss on your nose.
When you see a child playing, And your heart feels a little tug,
That's me, I'll be there, Giving your heart a hug.
So, daddy, please don't look so sad, Momma don't you cry,
I'm in the arms of Jesus, and He sings me lullabies.


~Angel Wings~

A precious angel slipped away,
no one heard a cry.
No time for Dad and Mommy to sing me lullabies.
My time with you was much too short.
I had to leave too soon,
But love had joined us as I grew
inside my Mommy's womb.
It wove it's way within our hearts,
in all our hopes and dreams,
Until the very purest love became my tiny wings.
Although I could not stay with you,
I knew right from the start,
That once you felt your angel's love,
you'd keep me in your hearts.
I'm just a little angel but time was not in vain.
As dark clouds that surround you
give way unto the sun,
My precious parents you will see
that any heart will sing,
If only for a moment it is brushed by angel wings.

By Jean Rozon


~My Mom is a Survivor~

My Mom is a survivor,
Or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying
When all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night
And go to hold her hand.
She doesn't know I'm with her
to help her understand.
But like the sands upon the beach
That never wash away...
I watch over my surviving mom,
Who thinks of me each day.
She wears a smile for others...
A smile of disguise.
But through heaven's open door
I see tears flowing from her eyes.
My mom tries to cope with my death
To keep my memory alive.
But anyone who knows her
Knows it's her way to survive.
As I watch over my surviving mom
Through heaven's open door...
I try to tell her
Angels protect me forevermore.
I know that doesn't help her...
Or ease the burden she bears.
So if you get a chance, talk to her...
And show her that you care.
For no matter what she says...
No matter what she feels.
My surviving mom has a broken heart
That time won't ever heal.

by Kaye Des'Ormeaux



1 comment:

  1. I'll bet if feels as if you could have personally written any given one of those selections. Thank God for someone else's talent to put our feelings and thoughts into words. -E

    ReplyDelete