Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The time...

It has been exactly 4 weeks since Patrick's birth. At this very time 4 weeks ago, we were still holding our little baby, taking pictures, and trying to process what the day had brought. I was completely exhausted and in a fog. Time seems to be playing a trick on me. I know it's only been 4 weeks, but it seems like 4 months these last few days. I think this might be God's grace on meas I try to pull myself together everyday and focus on my family.

Speaking of my family, we are all doing amazingly well. Jason is going back to work this week. It's been nice having him home this last month. I couldn't have done it without him. He is having some cardiac testing done, so please keep him in your prayers. Hopefully we'll have more information in the next few weeks once the last appointment is done on the 22nd. I'm sure the stress of Patrick's death hasn't made any of this better, but he's in great hands and has a wonderful doctor. The same one we saw while he was going through chemo. We have always had such great doctors and I know we will continue to be blessed.

Tonight we all went to the Ranger's game. Our friends, Laura, Jason and Alexander also joined us. Unfortunately we had to leave around the 5th inning since the boys were past their bedtime. I hope they sleep in a little bit in the morning. I should really go to be myself soon.

Below is a picture of the plaque that has been donated to place at the church where he is buried. There will be some sort of dedication at the church once we receive it. I'll let everyone know when that is.

Goodnight all! Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I am truly grateful.

Peace,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful plaque. (I found your blog through the Potter's group on Babycenter)

    I am so sorry for your loss.

    I am kdougmay2804 on babycenter. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...so happy that things seem to be getting better. We'll keep Jason in our prayers. I love the scripture on Patrick's plaque..it is one of my most favorite. Love you! I'm about to give you a call...I was going to drop something by once Ryder wakes up from his nap!

    ReplyDelete