Friday, July 24, 2009

A Week of Ups and Downs

It's been an interesting week for me. On a personal note, I just feel like I've hit a wall and have checked out for a while. It's been a long 14 weeks and I need a break. I can't pray any harder, any longer, and I'm not even asking for a miracle anymore. I am confident that what God has planned is what is best. I'm leaving it up to all of you to pray for a miracle, for me, and for Jason. This is taking it's toll on our marriage too. I love him and am thankful for him. I also want to run away and just be alone for the next few months and that's not fair to him either. Thankfully he's a patient man who loves me unconditionally and is by my side through this. We are processing this differently which poses its own issues. I guess as long as we don't hit the bottom at the same time, we'll be ok. We've been through so many other life-changing events together and have made it. I'm just trying to get all the loose ends wrapped up and "planned" if possible. I'm not afraid of asking people for help, but I just don't know what to ask and who to ask. The only part that is up in the air is who will stay with the boys at home, so Jason can be at the hospital with me during my recovery. Last time, he ended up being home with Jackson more than at the hospital and with the circumstances being what they are, I think I'm going to need him more with me. I'm sure between the grandparents and family, it'll all get taken care of.

Last weekend, I drove the boys and my babysitter, Liz, to Houston to see my parents. The boys slept great, had a great time running around on their land, playing with the hose, riding with Poppa on the tractor, and eating all of Maemie's yummy food. I especially loved the lemon cake. I think I actually ate it for dinner one night too. Good thing I'm not on the diabetes diet. :)

This week, we received a letter in the mail from Hawaiian Falls (a waterpark in the area). Apparently, someone nominated us to be "Family of the Week". Now, we didn't win the grand prize but they did send us free passes to use by the end of September. I think we'll try to go at the beginning of August. Thank you if it was you who thought we were worthy of that title.

I want to say congratulations to Aaron & Andi who welcomed their 3rd child, a baby boy, Cole yesterday. Can't wait to come see your little boy. I'm sure his big sisters are already in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment