Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friendship

I just have to say that I have the best friends in the whole world. So many of you know that I feel my friends are my family. Never has this been more clear than the last few years. Some of you have been around since before I met Jason. Some of you I met because of Jason and were by our side through his 6 month battle against cancer. Then you were there as we desperately wanted to have a baby and couldn't. Finally, we got pregnant and soon after miscarried, only to find out a month later we were pregnant again with Jackson. Then there were you who were there for Jackson's birth and the aftermath that came afterwards, praying as my personal prayer warriors. We caught a small break with our uneventful pregnancy and birth of Brayden. Now with this special baby, you've proven your love and loyalty again as you stand by our sides. Without you, we wouldn't be able to make it. There is something about friends that family just can't replace, and visa-versa.

Thank you Laura for your sweet card I got in the mail yesterday afternoon; Stacey, thanks for your quick email to check in; Jill your phone calls are always a treat. And to those of you who I failed to mention, please know that I think of you often, pray for you daily, and look forward to our next visit, phone call, or playdate. I just wanted to say thank you for your friendship. And to my best friend, Jason, you are a great husband and father to our beautiful boys and we'll survive the climb up this mountain too.

Love,
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lisa, for sharing your story with all of us. Thank you for your example of faith and strength through it all. Thank you for keeping us praying daily as we should be anyway. Give Jackson a big hug for me. -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, that is all, just wanted to say AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Jenn! You are amazing. We have a "sicky" over here and I don't want to pass anything your way. You already have enough on your hands...once he is ready to join the outside world again, we should get together!

    ReplyDelete