Sunday, July 12, 2009

What A Week...

Well, it's been another busy week at our house. Jason worked at the ballpark and Alley Cats three nights last week. I'm glad this week, he'll be home with us more. I met with Fr. Jim at SMG to discuss some sort of memorial plaque we'd like to donate after the baby is born since he/she will be buried there. We ended up talking a lot about what has been going on, how I'm feeling, how Jason is doing, and what not. He has a gift of just having the perfect words to share with you when you are there. I could go see him every week, because he is so inspirational and comforting. It's nice to know he's there when I need him. I'm sure that will not be the last visit.

On Wednesday, Brayden had his 15 month well-check visit with the pediatrician. Where has the time gone? He was 23lbs13oz and 33 in tall. What a big boy! We love him and am so grateful he's healthy and happy. Our only obstacle now is getting him off his bottle. At least I'm trying to contain it to nap time and bedtime, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks, we'll be done.

Oh, did I mention, that I failed my 1 hour glucose test. So, Thursday, I had to drink that lovely concoction again for the 3 hour test. I don't know why I even bothered with the one hour since I've never passed it. I passed the 3 hour with Jackson, failed it with Brayden and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and am guessing that tomorrow I'll be getting a phone call saying to come in and meet with the nurse to go back on the diabetes diet and checking my blood-sugar levels again. Not looking forward to pricking my fingers 4 times a day. I'm starting to wonder if I'm borderline diabetic and just don't know it. I think I'll get checked a few months after I have this baby.

Saturday, we drove to Richardson to celebrate our niece, Rylee's 5th birthday. She had a fabulous party at a sprinkler park and the boys enjoyed every minute of it. Brayden was the only one who would even run through the spray ground, as Jackson mainly wanted to sit with Pa and run around the spray area. It was a great party and we had a lot of fun. Rylee got some pretty great gifts too.

Today, I hit the 29 week mark. I still can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I will be going to the doctor on Wednesday and should have a c-section date schedule pretty soon. From what I know, it's not likely that I'll make it to my c-section date, but then again, I don't ever seem to do anything the way the textbook says to. I've read that 32-35 weeks seems to be the average for someone with an abnormal pregnancy. Pre-term labor is common and I suspect that if I go into labor early, they'll just do my c-section then and not try to stop labor. Of course, I'm still hoping that there's a miracle happening and I'll get to hold and love on this baby for many years to come. We've decided on baby names so here you go... If it's a boy, Patrick Steven and a girl, Julie Elizabeth. I'm glad that decision is done and that we can pray for him/her by name now. If I find out what it is for sure, I'll let everyone know. I still think it's a boy, but there's no guarantee with that. Gonna hit the sack. Jackson got up at 1am and 6am last night as well as Brayden somewhere in between (thank you Liz for getting up with them and letting me sleep. I love you!). Don't want a long day after staying up too late assuming I'll sleep through the night. Sweet dreams everyone!

2 comments:

  1. cant remember how I got on yoru blog but you look so familiar to me whast your maiden name? what high school did you go to? Email me, whitterrell@yahoo.com My maiden name was whitney coker...now its terrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, You continue to be an inspiration to me. You have such great faith. I am glad Fr. Jim has the right words to say. I often feel during Mass that he is speaking directly to me and me alone, but I hear he has that impact on a lot of people. I hope he was open to the idea of the plaque. I think it would be great.
    Still praying for a miracle.
    em

    ReplyDelete