Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Quick Update

So it's been quite a week so far and it's only Tuesday. Last week, we had decided that Jason was going to have sinus surgery tomorrow. Well, that's now been put on hold.

I had my OB appointment last Wednesday. I've officially hit the 8 month mark. Who would have thought? It went as well as can be expected. The baby weighs about 3 lbs. His abdomen has now started to slow in its growth. They call it Intra Uterine Growth Retardation which is fairly common in abnormal pregnancies. So his head will be bigger than his belly when he's born. They still were not able to tell if it was a boy or girl, but there was one shot that looked like it could be a boy so I still call it "him". I also asked if he thought I would actually make it to September 9th and he said he never expected me to make it this far. He does think that the baby will live for a few hours after birth, that the nursery nurses will do no heroic measures to save the baby and will just hand the baby over to us to spend as much time with him as possible.

On Sunday, I began having really bad contractions, so I called Dr. Seligman and he said he thought they were Braxton Hicks. I've never really had contractions before like this, so I just thought it might be the beginning of preterm labor. There are a few cases where people have shared their story on Potter's Syndrome and all of them delivered between 32-35 weeks. I've continued to have contractions and am just waiting for them to get close enough together to go to the hospital and see if I will deliver early. So needless to say, we have postponed Jason's sinus surgery until after the baby is born and at the end of his paternity leave.

Today, Jason and I went to my friend Carleen's house who has been awesome in offering maternity pictures and will be there at the hospital to take pictures of the baby. I had approached her at one of our PTA meetings to see if she'd be interested, and lucky for me, she said she had been thinking the same thing. She has now joined the non-profit Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep organization and am so glad she is willing to do this for us. I know the pictures will be beautiful and will give us memories for a lifetime. You should check out her website www.charmmephotography.com. Thanks again Carleen!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have a photographer all lined up. You will treasure those photos! Thinking of you and praying... :)

    ReplyDelete