Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Day Filled With Milestones

Today, Jason and I celebrated our 6th wdding anniersary. On August 16, 2003 I was blessed to marry such a wonderful man. I don't think I was fully aware how much we would be tested over the course of our marriage, much less in 6 short years. Thankfully, we have been a strength and support for one another and that our love has also grown. I remember the priest saying at our wedding, "This is the day that you will love each other the least." I was a bit confused but then realized that it was just the beginning of our lives together and that we would be constantly growing and our love would grow too.

I also hit 34 weeks today. It was exactly 17 weeks ago when we found out the news about our baby. I was thinking that I've been pregnant for as long knowing about our little angel as I was before we found out. I only have 24 days until my c-section. That is not long at all. I'm starting to want to push the date back a week. I don't know if it's because I think that I need more time for a miracle to happen or if it's my way of not wanting to deal with it. I know eventually I have to deliver, but for now, I'll leave everything alone. After my drs appt on the 26th, I'll talk to Dr. S and see what he says.

My parents have been here for the last few days and I'm so thankful for their help this weekend. With Jason working long days, it's always nice to have an extra set of hands (or two). Jackson will be so sad tomorrow when he realizes they aren't going to magically appear out of their room. Brayden has loved playing with my dad, but I know they are tired and need to go back and restup before the baby is born. We'll see them in just a few weeks. I love you Mom and Dad!







4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Jason & Lisa. You guys have been through a lot in six short years. May God continue to bless you both with many more years of love and togetherness. -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...I am thinking of you right now...I just received Jill's email...the words of the song playing on your page are giving me chills...please be strong and know you and your sweet angel are loved so, so dearly. I know there is a dance going on in Heaven right now...I am always here whenever you feel ready to talk. Take care sweet girl....I'm crying with you today as are so many others- Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart aches with you and Jason. I'm so very sorry. Tears stream down my face as I write and there are no words I can offer that would be adequate. Lisa you are a wonderful mother and your strength through all of this has been such a testament of faith to those around you. I wish you and your family peace. Your loss is felt by many and your tears don't fall alone. -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Megan. I couldn't have said it any better. My heart's sadness is overflowing through my eyes.

    ReplyDelete