Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A letter to our angel

My sweet little angel,

It seems like yesterday we found out you would be joining our family in September. I remember the shock on your dad's face as I told him we were pregnant...again. We were excited, but nervous too. That only took us a few moments to get through before we started to plan out how we would rearrange your brother's rooms, put you in the nursery, and squeeze a third carseat in the car.

I remember having to go see Dr. Seligman for my many blood draws as I'm always progesterone deficient and need supplments. I then got the phone call that things were progressing, but not the "textbook" way they were supposed to. After a few days, all that changed and I was given the "you're officially out of the woods" speech. So for a few weeks, we just plugged along with our plans to figure all this out.

Seeing you on the sonogram pictures, your heart beating so perfectly strong and trying to guess if you would be a boy or a girl brought so much excitement too. I still get excited to see you at every sonogram appointment. Last week, you were moving your mouth like you were trying to say something to me. All I could imagine was "I love you!" Your dad and I wish you could know how much we love you already and wish you could stay with us.

Today we took pictures of mommy's belly with you safe inside. It's our way of holding on to the short time we have together. As happy as we were to do it, at lunch we talked about how sad it was too. We just want to see your precious face, kiss you, tell you we love you and share you with our family.

As we get closer to this day, I remind ourselves that we will only be seperated from you for as long as daddy and I live. When we see you again, you'll be in a perfect body, free from imperfections, rejoicing in heaven and ready to greet us when we come to see you. We will only ask that you watch over your brothers as they will only have had the memories we gather to know you.

We'll be meeting some day soon! Keep fighting and prove those doctors wrong. Your prayer warriors are still fighting for a miracle for you and you deserve it!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

3 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    You are an amazing woman and mother. I am in awe of you. That is all I can say. I pray for you and Jason and your family every day and won't stop. You are special people.

    Love you guys,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are proud to be prayer warriors for you and your angel!! Thus letter is beautiful, what a treasure this and all the pictures will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa...I can only imagine....love you all so much- Joy

    ReplyDelete